About the event
Using images of British birds as inspiration, this is a practical and hands on course that will introduce you to two colour woodblock printing, exploring relief printmaking techniques that do not require specialist equipment to produce. Students will be encouraged to work within their abilities and at their own pace in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere that welcomes discussion and the sharing of ideas and good practice. The course is suitable for beginners, but a basic level of drawing ability is desirable.
By the end of the course you can hope to:
- Be able to work with relief printmaking techniques.
- Have produced a two colour woodblock print.
- Be able to work safely with materials and processes and be conversant with Health and Safety procedures.
Glenn Holman has combined a twenty year teaching career in further and higher education with his practice as a professional artist and exhibits internationally. A multi-disciplinary artist, he works across sculpture, artists books, painting, drawing and printmaking.
- Drawing pencils, rubber and sharpener
- Sketchbook if you have one
- Apron, overalls or old comfy clothing
- A packed lunch (tea, coffee and biscuits are included in the price)
Materials for printmaking will be provided, but if you have any printmaking equipment, you are welcome to bring it with you.
Health and Safety
There are minimal health risks with the materials and processes we will be using, but you should be aware that we will be working with inks and these can be difficult to get out of clothing.