Go Wild in the Week Activity Day for Home Educated Children at Foxburrow 7th June
, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1NA
About the event
Our sessions primarily follow the Forest School ethos of child led learning, A usual session finds us in the woods putting up ropes, using tools and encouraging a deep connection with the woodland environment. We frequently have a fire and cook a snack on it, this can be anything from smores to popcorn, damper dread, drop scones and hot chocolate (although not all in one go!).
Please note we will now be running sessions twice a month on the first Monday (or as close to as possible due to bank holidays) and the third Tuesday of the month.
All sessions are for unaccompanied children.
IMPORTANT BOOKING INFORMATION:
In order to run our Go Wild in the Week sessions safely while the COVID-19 pandemic is still in effect, there are a number of restrictions put in place, which are in the best interest of our participants, staff and volunteers. please discuss these conditions with your young person so that they are aware of what is required of them during the session. it is also important that they know it is not ok to share food during lunchtimes.
More detailed information will be outlined in your confirmation email once you have booked onto the session, however, it is important that you read and agree to the following information before you book onto the session.
• During the session, the young people will be required to socially distance from each other, staff and volunteers, at the Government recommended 2m (unless they are siblings from the same household).
• Each session will have a maximum of 15 participants and all places must be booked in advance. No young person will be admitted without a booking.
• All young people will be required to use sanitising hand gel on arrival and to clean their hands before and after any breaks/ eating and drinking. Hand gel will be provided by the Trust and will be available throughout the session.
• All equipment used on the day will be cleaned after each session and each young person will have their own set for the duration of that session.
• After the session, all equipment will be removed cleaned or quarantined for a minimum of 72 hours before next use.
• All young people must be dropped off by an adult, who must confirm their emergency contact details with the member of staff at the arrival point, before departing. When dropping off or collecting your young person please be aware of others, maintain a minimum distance of 2m from other households and adhere to any signs directing you to queuing points.
• If your young person, or a member of your household is showing ANY signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or they have been told by NHS Test and Trace to isolate, they must not attend the session.
This event is for unaccompanied children. Booking is essential. Please note booking closes at 8am the morning of the event.
Please follow this link for family and children's events terms and conditions before booking:
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser advance
Wheelchair accessWheelchair users please contact organiser advance
What to bring
Packed lunch and a drink, Suitable outdoor clothing