Forest School at Knettishall Heath - September/October
About the event
Forest School is coming to Knettishall Heath!
Let the kids go WILD on the Nature Reserve, on 6 consecutive Sunday mornings during September and October. This 6 week block of Forest School sessions are for unaccompanied children aged 6-11 years. Make new friends, play games, explore the Heath, discover wildlife and learn new skills, all whilst outside in a COVID-safe environment!
Session dates are as follows: 12th, 19th, 26th September, 3rd, 10th, 17th October 2021. Participants will be required to attend all 6 sessions, as part of Forest School Leader training.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR WILD LEARNING OFFICER USING THE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW BEFORE BOOKING YOUR CHILD ONTO THESE FOREST SCHOOL SESSIONS, TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST AND TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION.
BOOKING ESSENTIAL AS PLACES ARE LIMITED.
CAR PARKING CHARGES: Car parking charges have now been reinstated at Knettishall Heath. There are no parking charges for adults dropping off and picking up the children, providing your vehicle enters and leaves the carpark immediately after dropping off/picking up. HOWEVER, should you wish to leave your vehicle in the carpark during the session and explore the site yourself, please be aware you will have to pay the appropriate parking charge, as this is not included in the price of the event ticket. If you have any questions, please do contact me in advance using the contact details below.
IMPORTANT PRE-BOOKING INFORMATION:
Although restrictions have now eased, in order to run activity sessions safely while the COVID-19 pandemic is still in effect, there are a number of safety precautions put in place, which are in the best interest of our participants, staff and volunteers. We appreciate you following the guidelines we have set out.
- During the session we recommend participants socially distance from other households. This includes households that you/your child may know.
- Each Forest School session will have a maximum of 15 children. This is so we can ensure that social distancing measures are easily complied with and we minimise the risk of overcrowding.
- All participants will be required to use sanitising hand gel on arrival. This will be provided by us and will be available to use at any additional points during the session, should you wish to.
- All equipment used on the day will be cleaned after each session and the sharing of equipment will be minimised wherever possible.
- If you or a member of your household is showing ANY signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or you have been told by NHS Test and Trace to isolate, you must not attend the session. Please inform us if you will not be attending as soon as possible, using the contact details supplied in your confirmation email.
In booking onto Forest School, you understand that should COVID-19 guidance that affects the running of Wild Tots sessions is announced between time of booking and the date of the session, the session may have to be postponed or cancelled at short notice. Should this happen, I will contact participants as soon as possible using the email address supplied in the booking form.
For full event terms and conditions visit: www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/eventinfo
Additional booking informationPlease contact our Wild Learning Officer using the contact details below, BEFORE booking your child onto these sessions.
Know before you go
What to bring
* Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear for being on a Nature Reserve. Closed toe shoes or wellies essential.