Visit the ‘Margaret Grimwade badger hide’ for an intimate evening with these sociable mammals.
Badgers feeding right in front of the hide for over 30 minutes - they came really close - awesome!
The badger hide season 2023 will be available to be booked online and over the telephone from 16th January 2023.
The badger hide viewing season runs evenings April to September:
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||8 places||£10 each|
|Saturday||5 places||£20 each|
Book your badger watch:
- Identify several dates when you would like to visit
- Create a user login here
- Book and pay for your places
Note. After payment has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to directions, maps and all the details you need for an amazing wildlife watching experience.
Once you are a ‘user’ you can book places at the Badger Watch and Lackford Lakes’ Wetland Wildlife Watch whenever you like.
Essentials you need to know:
- Arrival times: April, May, August, September – 7pm
- Arrival times: June, July – 7.30pm
- Suitable for children aged 7 and above only.
- Places on all evenings must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Places are non-refundable unless cancelled by the Trust.
- No form of photography or film is permitted.
- Access is by way of a 100-metre sloped grass track through trees. Not suitable for wheelchairs. There are no toilets on site.
- Badgers are wild creatures. Although viewing has a very high success rate we can’t 100% guarantee badgers will always turn up.
- Terms & Conditions at www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/eventinfo
Give as a gift
Purchase Badger Watch vouchers in our online shop - these make fantastic wildlife experience gifts.
For more information please ring 01473 890089 Mon-Fri 08.30 - 17.30
One of them came right up to the glass in front of us - wonderful, best Friday night ever.