Visit the ‘Margaret Grimwade badger hide’ for an intimate evening with these sociable mammals.
Badgers feeding right in front of the hide for over 30 minutes - they came really close - awesome!
The badger hide season 2022 is available to be booked online and over the telephone from 11th January 2022.
To ensure we can keep the hide open for badger watching under as many changing circumstances related to Covid-19 as possible, we will continue to run whole hide booking only on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday evenings only from April to September 2022.
Please be aware the hide is not cleaned. The choice to use the hide and the risk of Covid-19 remains down to you as individuals.
Booking will guarantee the space solely for your party which can include up to two households with up to eight people in total.
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday - up to 8 people per evening £50
Book your badger watch:
- Identify some dates when you would like to visit
- Create a user login
- Book and pay for your places
- Book the Badger Hide
Note. After payment has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to directions, maps and all the details you need for an amazing wildlife watching experience.
Once you are a ‘user’ you can book places at the Badger Watch and Lackford Lakes’ Wetland Wildlife Watch whenever you like.
Things you need to know for your Badger Watch:
- Arrival times: April, May, August, September – 7pm
- Arrival times: June, July – 7.30pm
- Suitable for children aged 7 and above only.
- Places on all evenings must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Places are non-refundable unless cancelled by the Trust.
- No form of photography or film is permitted.
- Access is by way of a 100-metre sloped grass track through trees. Not suitable for wheelchairs. There are no toilets on site.
- Badgers are wild creatures. Although viewing has a very high success rate we can’t 100% guarantee badgers will always turn up.
Terms & Conditions at www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/eventinfo
Give as a gift
Purchase Badger Watch vouchers in our online shop - these make fantastic wildlife experience gifts.
For more information please ring 01473 890089 Mon-Fri 08.30 - 17.30
One of them came right up to the glass in front of us - wonderful, best Friday night ever.