What a spot! We saw birds, insects, amphibians and mammals!
Note – Kingfisher activity is low at this present time due to environmental conditions reducing the amount of open water available by the hide.
Book Lackford Lakes’ Bernard’s hide at dawn or dusk for an intimate wildlife experience.
Wetland Wildlife Watch viewing season runs mornings and evenings from March to October.
Every morning, 5.00am-9.30am - 5 places. £10 each.
Every evening, 4.30pm-10.30pm - 5 places. £10 each.
Book your wildlife watch experience
1. Identify some dates when you would like to visit
2. Create a ‘user’ login here
3. Book and pay for your places
Note A. After payment has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to directions, maps and all the details you need for an amazing wildlife watching experience.
Note B. Before midday on the Thursday of the week preceding your visit (weeks run Thursday afternoon to Thursday morning), you will receive an email from email@example.com with a bespoke code to open Bernard’s hide door lock. Please check you have received this code before heading out.
Once you are a ‘user’ you can book places at Lackford Lakes’ Wetland Wildlife Watch and the Trusts Badger Watch whenever you like.
Things you need to know
Every morning, 5.00am-9.30am
Every evening, 4.30pm-10.30pm
- Suitable for children aged 7 and above only.
- All places must be booked and paid for in advance.
- Places are non-refundable unless cancelled by the Trust.
- Access is by way of a surfaced track, suitable for wheelchairs and buggies. A fully accessible toilet is available at the visitor centre.
- Bernard’s hide has become one of our top wildlife watching viewpoints at Lackford Lakes. However, we cannot guarantee you will see specific wildlife species.
Thank you for providing a wonderful wheelchair friendly experience. For the first time ever, my mum was able to see a kingfisher.