Young Naturalists at Redgrave & Lopham Fen - June
About the event
This month we'll be taking a look at the rare fen raft spider. We'll find out what makes it special, compare it to other spiders and head out onto the fen to see if we can find any.
Young Naturalists is for unaccompanied 11-16 year olds. Booking is essential. Please note booking closes at 5.30pm on Thursday 10 June.
In order to run activities safely while the COVID-19 pandemic is still in effect, there are a number of restrictions put in place, which are in the best interest of our participants, staff and volunteers. We appreciate you following the guidelines we have set out.
It is important that you read and agree to the following information before you book onto the session.
- This session will have a maximum of 12 Young Naturalists and all places must be booked in advance. No young person will be admitted without a booking.
- All Young Naturalists must be dropped off by an adult, who must confirm their emergency contact details with the member of staff at the arrival point, before departing. When dropping off or collecting your Young Naturalist please be aware of others and maintain a minimum distance of 2m from other households.
- All Young Naturalists will be required to use sanitising hand gel on arrival. Hand gel will be provided by the Trust and will be available throughout the session.
- During the session, the Young Naturalists will be required to socially distance from each other, staff and volunteers, at the Government recommended 2m (unless they are siblings from the same household).
- Any equipment used on the day will be cleaned after each session and each Young Naturalist will have their own set for the duration of that session.
- If your Young Naturalist, or a member of their household is showing ANY signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or they have been told by NHS Test and Trace to isolate, they must not attend the session.
In booking onto Young Naturalists, you understand that if COVID-19 guidance that affects the running of the session is announced between time of booking and the date of the session, the session may have to be postponed or cancelled at short notice. Should this happen, we will contact participants as soon as possible using the email address supplied in the booking form.
For full event terms and conditions visit: www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/eventinfo
Price£5 per person
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser in advance
Wheelchair accessWheelchair users please contact organiser in advance
What to bring
Please wear suitable outdoor clothing and footwear.
Binoculars are available to borrow but you might prefer to bring your own if you have them.
You might also like to bring a camera if you have one, to record any wildlife that we see, but this is not required.