Winter Tree ID at Redgrave & Lopham Fen
About the event
In the dramatic surroundings of Redgrave & Lopham Fen, discover how to identify trees and shrubs in winter by studying their twig structure, buds and location among other indicators.
There will be an indoor session followed by guided walks before and after lunch, with plenty of time to collect twigs and build up your own labelled collection. We will finish with an indoor session learning how to check your specimens and add to your collection.
You will need:
a packed lunch & refreshments
secateurs or knife to cut twigs
notepad and pen
a camera and binoculars are also recommended
In order to run activity sessions safely while the COVID-19 pandemic is still in effect, we have put a number of restrictions in place, which are in the best interest of our participants, staff and volunteers. We appreciate you following the guidelines we have set out.
More detailed information will be outlined in your confirmation email once you have booked onto this course, however, it is important that you read and agree to the following information before you book.
- During the session you will be required to socially distance at the Government recommended 2m.
- All participants will be required to use sanitising hand gel on arrival. This will be provided and will be available for you to use at any additional points during the day, should you wish to.
- If you are showing ANY signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or you have been told by NHS Track and Trace to isolate, you must not attend this event.
- You are welcome to wear a mask in the centre, but this is not mandatory.
- All equipment used on the day will be cleaned before and after use and where possible everyone will have their own set of tools for the duration.
We will unfortunately be unable to serve refreshments. Please feel free to bring your own drinks. Thank you for your understanding
When booking please ensure your email/contact address is correct as it will be used to send event joining instructions. If you do not receive these instructions after booking, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your booking is non-refundable and non-transferable and we run all our courses based on a minimum number of participants. You can find our full Terms & Conditions via this link: https://www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org/wildlearninginfo
If the course you wish to attend is full or you cannot make the date, please let us know so that we can register your interest and let you know of opportunities planned for the future. You can contact us on: email@example.com or Tel: 01473 890 089.
If you’d like to purchase a Voucher for future courses for yourself or as a gift, you can do so via our online shop at www.suffolkwildlifetrust.org.
Know before you go
People with limited mobility please contact organiser in advance
What to bring
Lunch, plus notepad & pen, binoculars and any tree ID books you currently use